Serious Injury from Improper Medical Treatment?
Since 1983, our attorneys have helped thousands of Utahns with questions and issues of medical malpractice. Jack Helgesen and Michael Houtz are two of Utah’s most experienced medical malpractice attorneys.
Medical cases are some of the most challenging and complicated cases an attorney can undertake. This is not an area of law practice to leave to an inexperienced lawyer.
Utah law requires a patient who claims an injury to prove:
- the medical provider failed to meet the “standard of care” followed by other professionals treating the same condition, and
- the treatment (or failure to treat) caused an injury
Over the last twenty years, the Utah legislature has enacted many laws which limit or discourage Utahns from pursuing medical malpractice claims. We are able to work with, around and through these rules if you have a good claim.
If you think you may have suffered a serious injury from improper medical treatment, we will give you our best advice. Our approach is this:
- We will meet with you in a free consultation.
- If we think you may have a good claim, we will review your medical records and history.
- We may, in many cases, consult with experts in the medical field who work for us on a confidential basis.
- We will tell you frankly and honestly whether you have a case worth pursuing in the legal system, and whether we will accept the case.
- We will accept your case only if your injury is serious and only if we are convinced your case has merit. We do not accept frivolous cases.
If you would like to discuss a possible claim, please call us or come visit us at one of our locations.